Updates to iTube are discontinued. Try stereoclip instead.
I love the album art feature in iTunes, but it would be cooler if you could see the music video to the song you are listening to. Well now you can!
YouTube has stacks and stacks of music videos on their website. I have written an OS X widget called iTube. iTube gets the artist and title of the song you are playing in iTunes. It then performs a search on youtube and plays the first hit in the widget window. Once installed iTube works by itself in the background, so start a song up in iTunes then check your dashboard and with a little luck you’ll be watching what you are listening to.
Checkout iTube on the Apple site.
Welcome iTube’s new family member Stereoclip.
New features in version 1.23
- New method for accessing the youtube flv.
New features in version 1.22
- Fixed bug accessing the youtube flv
- Filtered duplicate videos from search results
New features in version 1.21
- Fixed bug where the track data from itunes is outputed in the incorrect format.
- Fixed parse error due to incorrect format of itunes track data
- Added remote debugging for developers
New features in version 1.2
- Youtube searching fixes.
- Changed iTunes script call to every 5 secs
New features in version 1.1
- Fullscreen mode.
- Audio/video time syncing attempt.
- Link to the YouTube page.
- Skip to next search result button.
- Stop button.
- Auto update check.
- New skin.
- Change the interval time for checking iTunes.
svn checkout http://itube-widget.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ itube-dev
- There is an issue accessing the url to the youtube flv. iTube is currently not working. Boooo!
- The search results are ordered by relevance which I think is more like popularity. So it is quite common that you will end up seeing a wrong video simply because it has more hits.
- Syncing. Right now the elapsed time of the song in iTunes does not sync with the elapsed time of the video. I have been messing around with getting the video to seek to correct point, but have not finished it yet. The other issue is the song on YouTube is frequently a different edit and length from the album version of the track you listen to in iTunes. I’ll be adding the syncing feature in the next version, but don’t hold your breath. The new beta version beta has a audio/video time syncing feature.
- Parse error : the Youtube search busted in version 1.1. This has been resolved in version
- Not tested on OsX 10.4